We currently have a Regional Repair Workshop Manager
position available for a motivated individual to join our team based at our Exewater Depot in Exeter.
Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,000 to £35,000 per annum
plus benefits.South West Water
is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business which prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, and various health benefits.
As our Regional Repair Workshop Manager
you will take responsibility for the provision of efficient and effective internal Repair Workshop facilities located at Exewater and Tolgus. You will be serving both Waste Water Services (WWS) and Drinking Water Services (DWS) operational functions, with timely and appropriate repair of respective assets.Responsibilities as our Regional Repair Workshop Manager will include:
- Managing staff resources across both Repair Workshops (Tolgus and Exewater)
- Introducing a consistent working practice
- Overseeing and being responsible for repairs to ATEX rated assets
- Acting as technical expert to the Repair Workshop teams
- Producing effective, informative and timely reporting of asset failure
- Ensuring the Repair Workshop teams adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Periodically undertaking monitoring and review of Repair Workshops Safe Systems of Work and ISO documentation
- Ensuring all workshop equipment complies with Statutory Inspections obligations
- Managing external service providers and suppliers to optimise the throughput of work volume
- Providing technical support to both Operational functions by analysis of failures
- Utilising, developing and enhancing the Repair Workshop Quality Management Systems
- Supporting the wider Complex Maintenance & Safety team as and when required
- Closely liaising with the MEICA supply chain to ensure a fully optimised delivery model is metWhat we are looking for in our ideal Regional Repair Workshop Manager:
- 5 GCSE's Grades A to C
- A completed apprenticeship in a relevant technical discipline
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification
- Experience of working in a workshop environment
- Experience of providing end to end maintenance delivery
- Understanding of ATEX asset repair process and the associated DSEA Regs
- Ability to manage a maintenance team
- Operational knowledge of MEICA assets within the water industry
- Ability to use various MS Office and Corporate computer packages
- Proven ability to lead others and exerts the effort to do so
- Ability to assess and monitor the performance of the team and manage appropriately
- Ability to promote a Health & Safety focused culture
- Proven communication in managing stakeholders, across all areas of the business
- Ability to effectively manage team meetings and individual one to ones
- Able to travel the work area using company vehicle
- Full UK driving licenseClosing date:
Friday 9th April 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply
now to be considered as our Regional Repair Workshop Manager
- we look forward to receiving your application.