A Global Energy Trading business is looking for an experienced Corporate Compliance professional to join their team. The role will involve working with the origination team to provide them with support to ensure there are governance controls in place around any joint ventures or acquisitions, as well as looking at more general corporate compliance issues across the business.
Based in London, this role is part of the team responsible for the due diligence, integration and ongoing oversight of EMEA lead acquisitions and joint ventures. It reports into the Global Head of Compliance. Primary responsibilities:
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Developing a strategic approach to compliance due diligence ("DD"), that can be applied to different type and scale M&A and JV transactions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Supporting the KYC team in background DD
- Conducting review of existing policies, systems and controls
- Working with Compliance Monitoring Analysis on test sampling and compliance reviews
- Advising on the significance, prioritisation and remediation of due diligence findings
- Scope, delivering and reporting on identified remediation actions
- Implementing effective policies and procedures across relevant JV
- Developing and maintaining appropriate processes to monitor ongoing compliance of new acquisition or JV liaising with dedicated compliance resources or other risk functions
- Building strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify areas for support, raise awareness and manage ongoing risk
- Supporting dedicated compliance teams in new acquisitions and developing a compliance programme that includes the firm's requirements
- Liaising with Investment and Origination teams as well as any other relevant stakeholders involved.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 4 years' experience in the compliance department in field specialised in the acquisition of companies or consulting on such acquisition, ideally with some commodity related exposure, or the commodities investment business of a financial institution
- Experience of conducting assessment and appraising compliance risks of investments
- Understanding of the compliance and reputational risks associated with M&A and JV transactions
- Commercially sensitive approach, whilst being clear on significant risks and areas of non-compliance.
- Ability to operate under own initiative, with minimal supervision, with a high degree of flexibility/autonomy and within varied team structures
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities and remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - both verbally and in writing
- Experience in planning, delivering and executing complex projects in the financial services sector to address regulatory or risk management related requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Proven capacity to prioritise and maintain confidentiality.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com