DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for an emerging, ambitious Service Manager to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas, user-centred design and leading edge technologies, we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.Delivery. Work. Projects.
This is a new role in the User Support Services (USS) User Access (UA) Administration Team. The role will ensure (a) that all the technical administration requirements are in place and up to date to enable the UA team to deliver their services both accurately and within agreed targets and (b) that management of Non-Standard 'Complex' requests is appropriately resourced. The role can be based at the Newcastle or Blackpool Digital Hubs, where the UA team are located.
The role will involve a significant amount of stakeholder engagement with Service Owners, request fulfilment groups, incident resolution groups, knowledge managers, the Level 1 IT Support teams and other groups across both USS, DWP Digital and DWP Service Delivery
Day to day you'll triage, escalate and resolve issues, and provide a single view on service performance for our key stakeholders.
We love smashing our performance targets. We're driven by a desire to deliver for our colleagues so they can focus on supporting the millions of people who need help from DWP.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Customer Service Management:You empathise with the end user, and want to resolve user requests within your targets. You use customer-focused metrics to achieve good, and improving, outcomes.
- Delivering at pace:You are positive, focused, goal driven and motivated. You share your energy and support with others. And you can follow relevant policies, procedures and legislation even in a context of pace and challenge
- Managing a quality service:You collaborate with stakeholders and colleagues to set priorities, objectives and timescales, and to develop potential improvements. You have a track record delivering high quality outcomes, value and meeting user needs.
- Changing and improving:You review your own and your team's work and find ways to make improvements. You are positive and open to the possibility of change and help others to feel the same.
- Service Management Experience:You can do routine Service Management tasks in accordance with process and procedures, using appropriate service management tooling like ServiceNow.
You'll join us in our ace digital hub in Blackpool
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £27,565 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Award winning culture and environment
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you'd like a chat first then drop me a line via :