Randstad Engineering are recruiting for a Quality Manager on behalf of our client based in Eastbourne.
The Quality Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will become a member of our clients leadership team. One of the key aspects of the role will be to identify and propose improvements to the key processes on our clients manufacturing site that will enable them to achieve their business objectives.Skills and Experience:
- Ideally 5+ years' experience of operating in a Quality Management role in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Membership of professional body Chartered Quality Institute is preferred.
- Ensure that the Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Oversee inspection of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements by implementing the PPAP process.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, review and auditing of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of company products.
- Identify opportunities for the continual improvement of the key processes on site and make improvements as appropriate.
- Coordinate the investigation and resolution of customer complaints and NCR's raised in the FRACAS system ensuring that the 8D process is consistently followed.
- Lead a team of quality engineers and calibration operatives.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection / calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Oversee product recalls.
- Keep up to date on all applicable standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality.
Please make an application at your earliest convenience if you wish to be considered
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.