At N Brown we are looking for a Level 2 Tech and Leisure Assistant Buyer to join our team. Working at N Brown in a Manchester City Centre office base with parking, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business you will receive a benefits package including 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year, company pension with up to 6% N Brown contribution, life assurance, private medical insurance, annual bonus scheme, incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Fashion World, Figleaves, Marisota, Ambrose Wilson to name a few), local restaurant discounts across Manchester's Northern Quarter, onsite café at great subsidised rates, great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also
allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection plus flexible working, as well as staggered start times, we know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our staff are supported.
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don't believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we've been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we're moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Reporting to the Buyer / Senior, you will work together to deliver the best ranges for our customer, as well as operating in the wider team structure such as sourcing, product innovation and merchandising. This role will have some degree of buying responsibility and is the first step to becoming a Buyer.
As a Level 2 Tech and Leisure Assistant Buyer your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Buyer / Senior on developing a customer centric range with the right price architecture and quality standards.
- Supplier liaison / relationships and cost price negotiation.
- Responsibility for critical path management.
- Day to day development and motivation of BAA's under the guidance of the Buyer / Senior - supporting the delivery of margin targets.
- Range planning and building for their ranges.
- Reviewing weekly sales, with a focus on the best and worst sellers and trade actions.
- Monitoring the market and customer activity through competitive shops, sales and trend analysis.
- Attend and conduct fit sessions with involvement in product development.
- Attend and contribute to buying meeting.
- Reviewing the previous week's sales, best and worst sellers for the buying department.
- Regular website checks for product set up issues and fixing (where necessary).
The successful Level 2 Tech and Leisure Assistant Buyer will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant degree or the ability to demonstrate the required level of skills through work-experience.
- Excellent administrative, communication and organisation skills.
- A keen interest in fashion and customer first.
- Driven and motivated.
- Retail experience essential.
It's fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers' lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Working here you'll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer - asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you've got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you'll receive a salary of £22,000 pa fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
If this sounds like the Level 2 Assistant Buyer role for you, click the apply link online and complete the application form today!
Employees in our business may have access to our customers' personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams.