Buyer Preston £20,475
We are looking for a Buyer in Preston. Our client is expanding and comprises some of the leading UK specialists in high quality machine tool products covering heavy duty turning for Rail, Aerospace, Gas Turbine, Oil & Gas, Energy and Automotive sectors. Working hours:
08:30am to 4:45pm Monday to Thursday and 08:30am to 15:30 on aFridayPermanent position
My client is looking for a Buyer to work within a manufacturing company.
The Buyer will be the support system for the manufacturing team in ensuring on time delivery of materials to maintain the smooth running of the company. The Buyer will be working in a pressurised environment and will need to be able to work to strict deadlines and have clear communication with the rest of the team. Responsibilities
- The Buyer will need to create, process and transmit orders for all raw materialsupplies
- Forecasting stock levels and ensuring stock levels are maintained
- To be able to communicate with various suppliers to ensure on time delivery ofproducts
- To attend daily meetings and provide accurate information to support otherdepartments
- Ensuring quality of materials and coordinating payment of invoices
- To support other areas of the business in processing purchase orders through tocompletion
- Learn policies and procedures
- Ensuring that the supply chain is meeting company requirements
- Sourcing new suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Monitoring external suppliers' performance KPI's
- Reporting and analysis
- Developing the company's procurement strategy
- Managing communication with suppliers and internal stakeholders
Experienced or recently qualified business graduate required to assist procurementfunction in precision engineering company in Preston. Knowledge of engineering,manufacturing and ideally precision machining processes and tolerances anadvantage.
- Problem solving skills
- Good communications skills
- Able to work as part of a team and sharing ideas
- Able to follow and understand work instructions
- Able to work within own devices
- Computer literate in the areas of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience inusing MRP system, desirable but not essential
- The most important thing is to have experience of working to very tight deadlines
If you would like to apply for this role, please click 'apply now'.
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted.
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer