Buyer / Preston / £23,000
Your new company
You will join a global product distribution organisation.
Your new role
Reporting into the Operations Manager and working alongside a Buyer and Senior Buyer you will deliver the following key responsibilities-
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet customer production requirements and minimum safety stock levels.
- Utilise any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on customer production schedule
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a background in Purchasing or Material Planning and be able to demonstrate the following-
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
What you'll get in return
£22,000 - £23,000 plus benefits. The employer will also support candidates looking to start or continue their CIPS qualification.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.