The QA Technologist will be to ensure conformance to quality standards and customer requirements. You will have responsibility for all aspects of Quality Assurance for certain key customer accounts. The role involves meeting with major customers to communicate and discuss QA issues. You will also be focused on working with overseas suppliers (such as Hong Kong and China) to avoid and minimize QA problems.Client Details
The client is a successful privately owned FMCG manufacturer and distributor. They have gone from strength to strength and continue to develop as a business.Description
The QA Technologist will be responsible for:
- To ensure the assessment of all products are fit for purpose and to the agreed quality standards.
- To develop technical specifications.
- To support Ethical, security and quality audits for suppliers.
- To ensure suppliers are informed of what test requirements they must meet and how they must achieve those requirements.
- To ensure customer sealing requirements are met within timescales agreed.
- To produce labelling and packaging specifications to deadlines.
- To liaise with China Office, suppliers and the test house to ensure all tests are completed to the agreed deadline.
- To investigate and conclude customer complaints.
- To review inspection results and follow up non-conforming items
- To ensure internal systems are up to date with required information.
- To attend internal meetings
- To undertake any other duties at the discretion of the Managing Director.
- Be familiar and comply with all relevant Health and Safety, Operational, Personnel, Data Protection and Financial Regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure equality of opportunity is afforded to all persons both internal and external to the authority, actively seeking to eliminate any direct or indirect discriminatory practices/behaviour.
The successful QA Technologist will be based at the FMCG manufacturing site in Rotherham and will have:
- Experience working in a QA environment / any relevant quality qualifications or training courses
- FMCG manufacturing or retail experience
- Preferable experience working with the far East/Hong Kong/China
The QA Techologist will join a rapidly growing manufacturer based in Rotherham and have the chance to develop and progress with the business.