BID Manager - £45k-£50k - Manchester (remote working will apply due to Covid)The Role
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for a BID Manager to manage activities for all enquiries within the business unit.
The successful candidate will review each enquiry and determine what resources are required to return each bid, as well as setting up each new enquiry including processes and arranging review sessions.
The key responsibilities of a BID Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintain a technical understanding of SPIEs business to be able to develop a value proposition to new potential projects
- Manage the holistic bid process for new potential projects; supporting both new and existing Clients
- Working and managing day-to-day activities closely with the assigned bid team to ensure that the proposal is in line with the requirements
The key skills and qualities of a BID Manager:
- Experienced in managing activities across several projects.
- Experience within the food and pharmaceutical environment (Desirable)
- Operation/engineering experience within the M&E sector (Desirable)
- Proven skills in producing and editing bids/proposal content within a complex business environment.
- Able to write effective, concise and compelling content while under the pressure sometimes associated with deadlines
- Extensive experience of working in a BID Leading role
- Experienced in managing BIDs up to £10m
- Strong understanding of Mechanical and Electrical
- Experience with NEC & JCT Contracts
- Experience with portal bidding
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.