Reporting to the Head of Finance, the opportunity is a highly commercial position for a qualified accountant to work with the lead directors, development teams and other key staff to drive all financial aspects of the planning and delivery of recently acquired sites that will be delivered over multiple years.
This role provides an excellent opportunity into an interesting and dynamic sector, business partnering with a wide range of operational departments, and with exposure to senior management to assist with informing key strategic decisions.
The position would suit either a high calibre qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA seeking to move from practice to industry, or someone already in industry within a similar role.Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist the Project Director in leading and challenging across all aspects of the project, to ensure successful delivery against the profit forecast and business plan.
- Provide a strong financial counterpoint in all site-based decisions, both strategic and operational.
- Producing monthly and weekly reports where necessary on site progress.
- Co-ordinate and complete Divisional and Group requests
- Ensure project is completely and accurately forecast
- Provide information to the Management Accountants for monthly reporting
- Manage the reporting of over/underspend and the appropriate reserves
- Forecast project cashflow as accurately as possible
- Liaise with surveyors to ensure the correct forecast of build costs and the analysis of risk throughout the procurement cycle
- Review payments monthly to ensure correct VAT treatment and recording in financial systems
- Review and report on project marketing costs
- Review and control debtors, deposits and progress payments
- Provide project stacks, and ensure financial paperwork is up to date and complete
- Provide accurate analysis of development options and provide commercial recommendations
- Provide financial risk assessments of potential tendering subcontractors
- Review and control pre-development expenditure across projects
- Record and review sales and provide feedback on pricing and mix where appropriate
- Prepare and review a tax plan for all projects. Ensuring an efficient structure for the project
- Chartered Accountant
- UK Driving Licence
- Highly IT literate, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Sound technical accounting skills and strong familiarity with financial appraisal and business plan and modelling techniques.
- Previous experience of accounting systems preferable but not essential
- Previous industry experience and knowledge preferable but not essential
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Exceptionally well organised & deadline driven
- Desire to continuously improve and take pride in all forms of reporting
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective manager and mentor to junior staff
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Team player
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.