Who we are?
We are a financially strong, European regulated business operating in five different geographies, with over 9 million customer accounts, delivering strong financial returns. Our Purpose - building better financial futures.The role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Delivery Manager to join us in either our Manchester or Lisbon, with some home working. Due to the current Pandemic this will be initially home based only.
As Software Delivery Manager you will play a critical role be accountable for the delivery of one or more products ensuring that they are delivered on time, to budget, are of a consistently high quality and ultimately satisfy the high level business requirements. You will contribute to the overall strategic software proposition. Responsibilities within the role include:
Skills and experience to be successful in the role:
- Exhibit strong leadership skills by leading their multi-disciplined software teams through the development process to deliver the agreed roadmaps to a consistently high quality on time and to budget.
- Line and performance management of a talented team based in the UK predominantly and the task management of a larger group of software developers and quality engineers some of whom work for third parties.
- Compiling and conveying technically complex messages and metrics to colleagues at all levels of seniority, key customers and partners.
- Accountable for product development throughout the development lifecycle.
- Direct and steer projects through the delivery phase and ensure features are correctly specified and planned and satisfy the business requirement.
- Act as the escalation point for the software delivery teams ensuring issues are resolved or escalated as required maximising productivity.
- Work closely with the relevant product managers to ensure that roadmaps are agreed taking into account team sizes, productivity and technical complexity.
- Ensure that the agreed roadmap is implemented as per agreed timescales and costs with any deviation communicated to key stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with emerging development practices and tools and consider their adoption in the continual drive to improve quality or productivity.
- Demonstrate a continual drive for efficiency and quality improvement while demanding the same from the delivery teams.
- Demonstrable ownership of technical delivery and lead team to produce simple, elegant and cost-effective solutions.
- Demonstrates clear thinking on products and able to confidently articulate the evolution of the product solution at all levels.
- Identifies and drives product and process change.
- Experience of matrix, running technical teams and people
- Knowledge of the of the Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of Agile methods and tools
- A high level of flexibility to accept change and reduce unnecessary risk
- Proven ability to influence and persuade stakeholders
We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent bonus scheme and incentive package.
Please note - we are an equal opportunities employer and FCA regulated company - we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening. (Strictly No Recruitment Agencies Please)
- Share Incentive Plan
- 25 Days holiday rising to 30days (plus opportunity to buy/sell)
- Pension Scheme - company matching up to 5%
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme / Gym Flex / Gadget scheme
- Flexible home working policy