We are One Housing, and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our IT team is friendly, and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-
for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people's lives, each and every day.
Join our I.T. Team as a Project Manager
One Housing is a provider of housing and support services to people across London and the South East, with over 17,000 homes and one of the largest care and support portfolios in the area.
In providing these services to a huge range of customers, we rely on the systems and processes to ensure our frontline colleagues can provide a high level of services to meet their range of needs. As a provider whose profits go into funding new homes and better services, your work supports our vision to provide places for people to call home and to support them to live well. In joining One Housing, you will support the development of new systems and processes, providing improvements which offer a better quality of service or provide better value for money.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing our diverse range of stakeholders, leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes writing business cases, preparing and managing project plans, management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.The role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Project Manager based in Camden. Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- The Project Manager is responsible for leading project managers and teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, and financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
- The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. The Project manager will verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- With many key technology projects either delivering or rolling out further phases, its never been more essential that business processes and technology projects embed with teams and teams are engaged in the process of change.
- Coming into the organisation at a key time, we are developing the next phases of our business transformation and in particular look to increase our capacity for change management and supporting teams in delivering effective services and identified benefits through high quality technology and processes.
- While this role currently has no line management responsibility, there is an expectation that you can help upskill others in the team on embedding change and change management techniques.
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who demonstrates a friendly, positive demeanour. The successful candidate will:
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques. Previous experience of implementing CRM Dynamics projects
- Good high-level technical understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, databases, applications and systems integration. Results-focused: able to set high work standards for self and demonstrate drive to meet targets.
- Customer-orientated: desire and willingness to address the needs of residents and project team members, continually seeking to improve quality and standards of excellence
- Solid track record of successful IT implementation project delivery within cost, time, quality, scope, risk and benefit constraints
- Ability to create Project Management documentation, tools and reports, such as Business cases, GANNT charts, PIDs, Dashboard reports and RAID logs
- Good knowledge and experience of BI reporting
- Ability to design and deliver reports
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Previous experience of IT implementations involving integrations with multiple systems. Previous experience of IT implementations involving multiple external IT suppliers
- Experience of successful business change management
- Ability to influence and motivate managers and staff across the business and external suppliers to ensure project milestones and objectives are met
- Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills
- High levels of the following key competencies:
- Planning, time management, people management, problem solving, attention to detail, communication, negotiation and conflict management
- Experience of industry tools and technologies. Practical understanding of applying different Project Management methodologies and controls; Waterfall, Agile, Iterative etc,
- Some exposure of working in a commercially focused housing/asset management environment
Professional qualifications or...