Trainee Corporate Accountant
Want to kick-start your career as a Trainee Corporate Accountant with a forward-thinking firm? Looking to learn from a talented team and gain valuable practice experience working for a varied client base? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Our comprehensive training programmes will prepare you for the business world of tomorrow and you will learn the practical aspects of accountancy whilst studying towards a choice of qualifications including AAT, ATT, ACCA or ACA.
Ellacotts is one of the fastest growing independent accounting and business advisory firms in the UK and is listed as a Top 100 Accountancy Firm by Accountancy Age.
The firm provides tailored audit, accounting, payroll, taxation and business advice across diverse sectors including academy schools, agriculture, landed estates, international, not for profit, property and development and professional services.
Due to internal promotions and firm growth, we're looking for a Trainee Corporate Accountant to join us on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Competitive salary
- 22 days' holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays (Increases on completion of exams)
- Use of our benefits platform
- Unique branded Ellacotts cashback card
- Life assurance
- Flexible working - Flex-e
- Vitality private medical insurance, healthcare medical cash plan and enhanced employer pension contribution (after qualifying period)
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
We'll cover all training costs for your first exam sittings which include both residential and online courses, books, exams and access to knowledgeable and supportive tutors.
We provide the best possible training environment and have a Silver Investors in People accreditation, membership with the ICAEW and are a Platinum ACCA training practice.
The true benefit for working with Ellacotts is the culture and values-driven environment which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers, from Trainee to Partner and everything in between.
As a Trainee Corporate Accountant, you will learn how to provide a high-quality accounting service for our clients.
We'll start you on accounts preparation from day one! The breadth and depth of work you will be exposed to will be much greater than many other practices, as we firmly believe in a rounded and exceptional client experience which you will quickly be involved in.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Helping to prepare VAT returns and other ad hoc reports
- Preparing client accounts
- Liaising with clients via the telephone and drafting correspondence
- Preparing simple tax returns
- Potentially being required to attend client sites to carry out audit work, outsourced accounts or ad hoc project work
- Identifying business advisory points for partners to raise with clients
- Monitoring own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets
Whilst no experience is necessary, to be considered, you will need:
- To be eager to pursue a career in accountancy
- At a minimum, GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade B/6 or above in Maths and English
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
A-Levels at grade B or above would be beneficial, as would a degree at grade 2:1 or above.
Other companies may call this role AAT Trainee, Trainee Accountant, Trainee Accounts Technician, Junior Accounts Technician, or Trainee Accounts Clerk.
We're eager to speak with candidates who've held the title of, or would like to become, Trainee Finance Clerk, Junior Finance Assistant, Junior Accountant or Accounts Administrator.
Webrecruit and Ellacotts are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as a Trainee Corporate Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.