Changing the way the world thinks about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.A quick look at the role
Reporting to the Head of External Reporting, the Statutory Reporting Accountant
is responsible for the production of the statutory accounts and providing input into the annual report by completing disclosures and accounting policies. The role requires involvement in the external audit process and is responsible for providing relevant support and liaison between our internal finance team and external auditors. In addition to this, the Statutory Reporting Accountant will provide ad hoc support and analysis on various project work managed by the Head of External Reporting and key stakeholders. The roles requires a part qualified accountant with recent experience in external audit. Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Produce subsidiary statutory accounts in compliance with CA2006 / FRS 101.
- Preparation of certain areas of the annual Group consolidated financial statements, including disclosure notes, under IFRS, for both full year and half year.
- Supporting the delivery of the group audit by assisting the auditors with queries and liaising with the appropriate business contacts to ensure that necessary answers are provided.
- Assist the production of the supporting papers and documentation for the year end audit and interim review work.
- Ensure intercompany balances tie out across the group.
- Assist the Head of Financial Reporting / Legal team with ongoing projects to simplify the Group's legal structure.
- Provide technical accounting advice through accounting papers, and as required by the group.
- Assist in completing ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests made by senior stakeholders
BenefitsAnd here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Part qualified accountant (ACA) with recent external audit experience
- Relevant experience in accounting or finance
- Highly competent in Microsoft packages, specifically Excel and Power point.
- Sound and current understanding of accounting standards, particularly IFRS and FRS 101, and an ability to relate to real life accounting and reporting situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Analytical capability with excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with large volumes of data
- Flexible and open-minded.
- Logical and process-driven
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Ongoing career development and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Performance bonus
- Full study support
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical and dental scheme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Bike to work scheme
.Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.