This position is within the Group Financial Reporting team; whose main responsibilities are the Group's external reporting to markets and regulators. This is a varied role that encompasses all aspects of external reporting for the Group and includes IFRS and other regulatory reporting together with some involvement in other projects.
The role will be of interest to candidates looking to develop within a listed company environment and preferably with financial services experience. The key elements of this role include involvement and ownership of the end-to-end process of financial reporting of the Group financial statements reported to the stock markets. It entails calculation, consolidation, analysis of data and preparation of disclosure notes. It also includes elements of process improvements through identifying opportunities to streamline existing processes and leverage on reporting systems, in partnership with our business units, other teams across Group Head Office and external data providers.
The Group is in a period of change and there are multiple on-going projects, including system enhancements and new regulatory requirements. The role will include participating in these projects and helping to shape the future.
- Organised self-starter able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Able to think flexibly and open to new ideas, with strong problem-solving skills and enthusiasm to improve processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to liaise with stakeholders from different specialisms in different locations and at different levels of seniority;
- Ability to communicate succinctly and explain complex issues to others;
- Comfortable with using complex IT systems and large data volumes;
- Familiarity with the preparation and consolidation of financial accounts is essential; experience of using complex finance systems such as Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage;
- A good knowledge of IFRS;
- Close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of EEV or other financial services regulatory work is an advantage; and
- Life insurance experience or a knowledge of investment products and markets is an advantage;