We are now looking for a proactive Social Media Content Editor to join our exciting Advertisign & Production Department here at Lidl. The Social Media Content Editor is responsible for the production and execution of social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram following our templates and guidelines. Working closely with members of the online and social media teams, you will be responsible for creating copy and visual assets, and publishing these according to the timings set out by the social media schedule.
Attention to detail is key as the Social Media Content Editor will be responsible for inputting product information from a range of sources, correct and manage the approval process, delivering content accurately as instructed by internal briefs.
What you'll do
- Creating and editing of assets for Tier 3 campaigns including copy, video assets and motion graphics, in response to internal briefs as directed by the Online Team Manager
- Managing the approval process for all assets that they create, circulating these with the Online Team Manager and relevant buying teams, and checking content against relevant databases.
- Publishing these assets using Social Studio across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Close collaboration with Online Copywriter in order to maintain a consistent brand tone of voice following the Social media tone of voice guidelines
- Creation and maintenance of the digital leaflet, updating the content with product and price changes
- Working with our social media agency to supply content to be published on the Lidlers GB Facebook group
- Provide social media moderation alongside the Communications department throughout the working week, escalating and assisting in resolving issues where necessary
- Pro-actively manage file storage for tier 3 projects in line with team processes - ensuring all content that is produced is stored accurately and editing trackers / documents are kept up to date
- Communication with internal stakeholders at different levels and across the business
- Coordination and briefing with external media agencies
What you'll need
- Proven experience working as a social media editor is essential
- Proficient in Adobe CC Suite (After Effects CC, Photoshop CC, Premiere Pro CC, Illustrator CC and InDesign CC)
- Familiar with different codecs and video file types
- Comfortable collaborating within multiple departments to deliver campaigns and projects
- Strong and confident communicator - both written and verbal.
- Experience managing workflows with a large number of assets and social media formats
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and reactive environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting assignments
- German language, desirable but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £25,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.