Are you a patient and resilient character who thrives on working with challenged children?
Do you have an ambition to become an instrumental part of a team that is tasked with making children feel safe and enjoy learning?
This could well be just the position you're looking for!
The school is an SEN unit for children aged 11-16 who require Social, Emotional and Mental Health support. This means that you would have to be a resilient character who is able to remain positive when dealing with challenging behaviour. The school is currently going through a transition with a purpose built new site due to be opened next year which will increase the maximum capacity and create a diverse and safe environment for children to progress in their learning. These secondary aged children are generally working to primary level, hence the need for a primary teacher to teach a variety of subjects. Your responsibilities will include:
Ensuring and assessing the safety and safeguarding of children key requirements for the position include:
- Preparing lessons which are appropriate to the level of the learners
* Adaptability to ensure students are challenged depending of their varying needs
* Working effectively with a teaching assistants and care workers
* Marking and providing clear and concise feedback on completed work in a timely fashion
* Effective management of classroom behaviour and maintaining a positive learning atmosphere
* DBS - In date, with no reprimands which prohibit working with children
* Relevant qualifications - a degree along with relevant teaching qualifications (ie PGCE)
* QTS is desirable. If these are absent then you must have ample teaching experience
* Experience of teaching children with Autism is essential
* Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives