Role:Finance Manager - Investment & Asset IntensificationFunction: Finance Location: Dunstable
As an integral part of the finance team, this role will be working with Whitbread's UK acquisitions team in appraising new property acquisition opportunities, providing the financial analysis and preparation of board papers for approval.
Alongside appraising new opportunities, this role will also be working with the senior development team in appraising both disposal and redevelopment opportunities across our estate, presenting options to more closely align our existing estate to our wider property strategy.What you will be doing:
Why we would love you to apply:
- Partnering the Property and Estate Development teams, you will be responsible for managing the end to end process of UK property investment appraisals ensuring site appraisal packs have been thoroughly prepared, reviewed and are ready for board approval/sign off
- As well as leading the UK investment process for c.£200m capital per annum, you will be responsible for modelling the financial impact, writing of board papers presented up to Exco. level, and management of spend across the asset intensification programme, ensuring all strategic implications have been considered and aligned.
- With responsibility to analyse and present site optimisation scenarios options for review up to Exco level, the role will involve understanding all property related investments across the business, support the ongoing refresh of the network plan, modelling proposals and supporting and challenging business partners.
- This role will also have responsibility for writing the board papers for the intensification projects to be presented at Exco. level, ensuring alignment with the broader property strategy and Estates Director ahead of distribution.
- This will include providing guidance and support to the Investment Analysts in calculating and preparing robust returns analysis alongside ensuring that all strategic considerations have been included and presented in board packs.
- Leading the weekly Investment Meetings which are attended by Finance, Acquisitions, Construction, Network Planning and Biz Dev Directors, you will be responsible for the development of financial models for new concepts and products, ensuring that any new innovations are accurately modelled and appraised consistently with the core investment model
- This role provides a great opportunity for an individual to create meaningful insight and help inform our site level strategy using an amalgamation of complex data sources. As the owner of the Property Strategy database and wider property reporting, this individual will be responsible for ensuring integrity and timeliness of the site level plans while supporting a joined up process across the PED, Estate Planning and Investment teams.
- Lead the wider team through delivery of the annual post completion review of key business investments
- This role is within a high profile and widely networked team, providing a strong platform for progression across the rest of the Business.
- You'll be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- You'll have proven post qualification experience
- Commercial acumen with the ability to interpret impact on investment appraisals
- Analytical mindset with ability to understand, challenge and inform on investment decisions
- Ability to present succinctly to senior stakeholders
- Investment Methodology, financial appraisal metrics (e.g., NPV,ROCE)
- Excellent attention to detail
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector's most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK's favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.In return, we will offer you:
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- BUPA healthcare - family level cover
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work