Our primary aim is to ensure that any important information relating to the organisation and the services we provide is clearly and consistently communicated to the relevant audiences - both internal audiences - in a timely and effective way.
The Internal Communications team are responsible for MPS -wide colleague communications and channels, including our intranet, our weekly Colleague Update, CEO Briefings and advice and support on MPS wide colleague communications. Job Description
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10 % (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
To provide effective day-to-day support for the delivery of MPS' routine internal communication activities in a way that creates engaging communications for colleagues, and supports the achievement of the organisation's strategy and corporate objectives.
- Provide routine and day-to-day internal communication advice and delivery across multiple platforms - including intranet, email virtual and face to face channels - in line with agreed channel criteria.
- Action intranet requests including publishing content, support with the creation of pages, navigation changes and permissions, in line with the agreed standards and consistency of homepage content.
- Resolve technical intranet queries using own knowledge or by liaising with IT colleagues and/or the intranet supplier.
- Lead on the creation and delivery of a range of routine internal communications, including colleague newsletters and the monthly Manager's Call.
Please see the role profile for further role responsibilities. The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of current internal communications practice
- Significant experience in internal communications, gained in-house or an agency setting
- Experience of using a variety of internal communications delivery channels (e.g. intranet, email virtual, face-to-face).
- Experience of managing an intranet platform - both front and back-end
- Internal communications event management experience
Due to the current COVID pandemic our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there will be a requirement to return to this office in the future which will be discussed further. About The Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world's leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.