Searching for your next adventure? Looking to join a growing company with great prospects? Then come and join our Reading team as our new Store Manager ! Outdoor and Cycle Concepts is made up of the well-known high street brands Snow + Rock, Cotswold Outdoor and Runners Need, and together we dedicate our time to encouraging everyone to enjoy the outdoors sustainably.
You might think that retail is a tough industry and you're right! But we're uniquely positioned, supported by world leading brands, to encourage everybody to get outside. We've already supported millions of customers to take advantage of their new love for the outdoors during lockdown and we're there to support the nation with staycation UK. As you can tell we have big ambitions for the future and our people play a big role in achieving those ambitions.
We won't see you as a number, we will see you as part of our outdoor family. We invest in our talent and will help you conquer your goals.
Be bold. Be brave. Join us!
Please note this role is 40 hours per week.
Store Managers help motivate our team and unite them in their passion for great customer service. Working across the store your main areas of focus will include:
- Holding responsibility for all financial, security and administrative procedures (including stock counts, company audits, security of cash and banking procedures)
- Implementing promotions and campaigns in a timely manner
- Managing the stores recruitment needs with support from our experienced Head Office recruitment team
- Coaching the store team both as a group and individually, making sure people reach their maximum potential and feel supported to reach their professional goals
- Working with our Learning & Development team to provide opportunities for colleagues to enhance their skills
We're looking for someone who's willing to embrace our company values and meets the following criteria:
- Strong knowledge of a retail environment
- Good communications and customer service skills
- Experience managing a team
- Passion for the outdoors
We live our values and love to help people enjoy the outdoors so all our colleagues benefit from a generous staff discount scheme, up to 33 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell additional days) and company partnerships with loads of amazing brands including The National Trust, The Ramblers and many more!
Here at Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they escape outside. Are you ready to join our team and inspire the nation?
This advert may close early if sufficient applications are received.