At N Brown we are looking for a level 2 Assistant Merchandiser to join our team. Working at N Brown in a Manchester City Centre office base with parking, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business you will receive a benefits package including 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year, company pension with up to 6% N Brown contribution, life assurance, private medical insurance, annual bonus scheme, incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Fashion World, Figleaves, Marisota, Ambrose Wilson to name a few), local restaurant discounts across Manchester's Northern Quarter, onsite café at great subsidised rates, great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you
to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection plus flexible working, as well as staggered start times, we know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our staff are supported.
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don't believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we've been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we're moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.?
The Assistant Merchandiser reports to a Merchandiser or Senior Merchandiser, the role will have some degree of Merchandising responsibility and is the first step to becoming a Merchandiser. The aim is to maximise commercial opportunities through the effective management of inventory, driving demand and service through improved availability and forecasting and reducing markdown to maximise profit.
As a level 2 Assistant Merchandiser you will:
- Identify and complete actions for a daily/weekly trading issues.
- Prepare and present weekly trading information within the department.
- Update and maintain line cards recommending action (RDF/IP).
- Using the most current information, assess trended forecast estimate for accuracy, submit recommendations for buys and cancellations.
- Conduct regular meetings with suppliers and direct dispatch team to provide revised forecast information.
- Prepare and present corrective action plans to clear and maintain dormancy levels.
- Using historical analysis, present conclusions to support range planning.
- Pre-empt future problems using supplier knowledge, shipping info and liaison with CSO and warehouses.
- Challenge and escalate any dates that are or will be missed or will affect launch availability in line with the critical path.
- Calculate colour / size ratio breakdowns considering MOQs and lead times to ensure the appropriate levels of availability at all times.
- Ad hoc duties are also an essential daily part of this role, also providing administrative support when required.
- Identify PO's and amendments to be raised.
- Support and communicate with partnership team.
What you will need to succeed as a Level 2 Assistant Merchandiser:
- Excellent administrative, communication and organisation skills.
- A keen interest in fashion and customer first.
- Driven and motivated.
- Retail experience preferred.
Working here you'll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer - asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you've got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It's fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers' lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers' personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams.