IT Field Support Engineer
An exciting position has become available for a full time IT Field Support Engineer to join a friendly team based in Devizes. The successful candidate will earn £20,000 per annum.
The Field Support Engineer is an entry level but varied and challenging role, both office and site visit based. You will be visiting customers on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis to provide high quality support to resolve incidents, in addition to making valuable and effective contributions to the delivery of IT project work.
You must be a positive, friendly, and sociable team player with a passion for IT and a "can do" attitude.
Typically, candidates will have 1+ years' experience in another IT related role or might be a graduate from an IT course at University or college. Training and support will be given to help you in this new role and enhance your technical skills. The company are seeking intelligent, diligent, and friendly engineers that they can mould into excellent IT engineers within a short period of time.Role Requirements
- The candidate must be able to drive
- An Enhanced DBS check of the successful candidate will be undertaken, and it is a requirement of the post that a clean DBS check be maintained
- 1+ years' experience of working in an IT related environment
- Microsoft Windows knowledge and experience
- Ability to accurately set expectations and ensure they are delivered
- Taking ownership of tasks to ensure issues have been resolved
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Polite, confident, and effective communicator
- Sincere passion for exceptional customer service
- Excellent time management and priority determination skills
- Maintain a high standard of work and professionalism
- Ability to work unsupervised and diligently
- Personal determination to increase knowledge and competencies
- Team player - ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve common goals
Company + Benefits
- The candidate will work based from the wonderful HQ near Devizes, with regular visits to local customer sites and occasionally other locations.
- Providing on-site technical support to our customers
- Providing telephone and email based technical support to our customers
- Troubleshooting and mitigating incidents flagged by our monitoring systems
- Performing various system administration tasks to support IT project delivery
- Helping maintain a mutually beneficial and positive working relationship with customers
- Assisting other teams with their tasks and development work when requested
- Commercial awareness of the benefits of common business technologies is expected - knowing how to spot opportunities and pass them to account management for handling
Our client is a substantial Cloud and Managed Service Provider supplying technical services from their bases in Wiltshire and Dorset across the South West and nationally via their network of reseller partners. The company offers the full spectrum of IT from consultancy and support through to project delivery and installation.
They are always looking for friendly new faces to join their ever-growing team of 60 professionals. They are among the elite in the industry and pride themselves on their integrity, knowledge, and experience. They have a great reputation and are consistently growing their business and they have seen no impact from the current economic climate.
Our client is already the largest provider of services in this geography but are looking to improve their support and relationships with these accounts while growing more business in the area.
They offer great opportunities to learn new skills and with their sound growth the prospects for career advancement are excellent.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
Why should you apply?
- 24 days paid holiday + Bank Holidays
- Onsite fitness suite
- Childcare, eyecare and cycle to work scheme
- Perk scheme
- Employment anniversary awards
- Company funded social events
- Company contributory pension scheme
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
Keywords: IT Field Support Engineer, IT, Project Work, On-Site, Technical Support, IT Project Delivery, Technical Services