We are working closely with a prestigious 11-18 boarding and day school located Berkshire, in a stunning area of natural beauty. The school is well renowned for tradition however as the world constantly evolves, so do they. Students' progress through life to become global citizens.
A small but important entity of the school is Design Technology, consisting of Product Design, Textiles, and Food. GCSE'S and A-Levels are a popular choice for students who often progress to a Degree within the subject area. Facilities at the school boast a Food room, Textiles room and a general office area. Product design consists of a well-equipped workshop with adjoining classroom, computer suite/technology room with separate wood machining facilities.
As a Head of Product Design (Design Technology), you will be invited to:
· Reporting directly to the Head of Design technology and ultimately accountable for the entire product design entity, inclusive of management and teaching plus supporting a technician.
· To encourage and inspire children who already have a passion for learning and may aspire to become professionals within design themselves in the future.
· To share best practice in the teaching of Product Design curriculum for all age ranges within the school inclusive of GCSE and A Level's.
· All teachers also take on a role as Form Tutor, responsible to the Head of Section and Housemistress/master of the year group for the pastoral care and monitoring of academic progress of a group of pupils if required. Roughly ten students per form group.
· Engage will small class sizes, giving you the time to form a good understanding of each child's progress.
· Use technology to communicate with colleagues and parents frequently
As a teacher you will come from a similar background and be suitably experienced in CAD CAM plus technology. Please contact us to discuss your application and to obtain a full vacancy pack. The starting date for this role is September 2021 with interviews being held in March 2021.
We are working in partnership with the school promoting you as a teacher, we look forward to discussing your application with the school