£20,000 - £22,000 per annumJob type:
Full time, Permanent
Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. We pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.The Role:
Express Solicitors is currently looking to appoint an Insurance Administrator reporting directly into the Operations Partner.
The role's focus will be to provide support to the business with applications for new insurance, dealing with amendments to existing insurance policies and reporting outcomes of cases to the insurers.Key Responsibilities:
- Applying for new insurance policies for identified clients and processing responses
- Applying for amendments to policies where required and processing responses
- Reporting to insurers on the outcomes of cases and advising breakdowns of bulk payments
- Liaising with internal staff and the insurers in respect of any claims against policies
- Provide reporting internally on all aspects of insurance
- Assisting internal staff and management with insurance related queries
- Various ad hoc duties commensurate with the role
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (for example VLOOKUP to compare two or three data sheets). Training can be given
- Experience of operating within a professional services environment
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter with excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise in a high-volume, multi-tasking environment and to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on clear understanding of the regulations but also the tactics and commercial element
- Ability to build trusted relationships with the key stakeholders within the business at all levels
- Experience within the legal or insurance sector
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working with a CRM system and generating mailshots
We always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- Salary is £20K- £22K dependent on experience for 5 days per week. Please note we could accept a minimum 3 day week (pro-rata salary and holiday as appropriate)
- The working hours are 9am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday (1 hour lunch)
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24-hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY
button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Insurance Claims Handler, Claim Handler, Customer Claims Executive, Claims Account Manager, Trainee Claims Handler, Junior Claims Handler, Claims Customer Service, Insurance Claims, Office Administrator, Personal Injury Claims Handler, Case Handler, Claims Assistant, Legal Claims Handler, Customer Claims Handler, Claims Technician, Customer Service Executive, Client Support Advisor, Customer Services Assistant, Customer Support Administrator will also be considered for this role.