We are seeking to recruit a Head of Learning (Construction, Building Services and the Built Environment) to lead the well-established and outstanding curriculum area at our Crawley campus. This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of £38,131 - £44,213 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based, and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Head of Learning (Construction, Building Services and the Built Environment), we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Head of Learning (Construction, Building Services and the Built Environment) include:
- Leading and managing staff, finances, management information and resources within the curriculum area
- Managing day-to-day operations of the curriculum area, raising the quality of the learning experience for students and their levels of satisfaction
- Researching and developing the curriculum offer to meet the developing needs of students, employers and the local community
- Participating in the College student referral system to help students achieve to the best of their ability
- Promoting and enabling the expectations of the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment within the curriculum area
- Working with Deputy Heads of Learning, Professional Learning Coaches (teaching, learning and ILT), study programme/course leaders and course teams to ensure that target enrolments are met
- Improving the quality of delivery in accordance with College policies, quality assurance systems and ensuring all evaluation and verification documentation are appropriately maintained
- Generating income for the College via commercial course offers
- Leading and supporting the area through any change initiatives
- Communicating effectively with all staff across the College and with external stakeholders
- Supporting the development of staff knowledge, skills, team building, participation, motivation, job satisfaction and performance
- Making a significant contribution to the College's planning, marketing and promotional activities to recruit to targe in own curriculum area
- Undertaking cross-college activities to support other areas and teams
Our ideal Head of Learning (Construction, Building Services and the Built Environment) should have the below skills and experience:
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education, or equivalent
- A level 3 qualification relevant to the area of teaching expertise
- A coaching/mentoring qualification, or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 literacy, numeracy and ICT
- Experience in the delivery, planning and administration of Further Education
- A proven record of promoting teaching, learning and assessment to a consistently high standard
- Relevant industrial experience within an area of subject specialism
- Experience of supervising or managing a team
- Experience of managing a budget with physical resources
- Up to date knowledge of the curriculum, teaching and learning, proven through continuing professional development
- An understanding of contemporary educational issues that impact student engagement
- An understanding of the Equality Act 2010, safeguarding obligations and health and safety
- Knowledge of relevant awarding body criteria and how to obtain scheme approval
- Conversant with literacy and numeracy applicable to the curriculum area
- The ability to communicate with a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour
If you would like to learn more about our Head of Learning (Construction, Building Services and the Built Environment) role then please click 'Apply' today!
Closing date: 18th March 2021
Interview date: TBC
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.