HALO X-ray Technologies Ltd (HALO) want you to join us as we grow our business globally. We currently are looking for an engineer to join our development and engineering team, based in Nottingham to focus on building solutions for our innovative Xray Detection product range.
Our Tech stack is mainly Microsoft, so we use C#, WPF, ASP.net, and we follow strong agile principles, operate good SVN, CI/CD practices and our engineers work on all aspects of designing, planning and implementation of software through to the field.
You will be based at our site in Nottingham and work within a small team of highly qualified colleagues that are motivated to bring our technology and products to market.What you will do
You will build the next generation of our interfaces to our Xray product range, working with the engineering and product teams to inspire and make our users intuitively understand our systems.
- Work with the team to influence our product strategy and commercial impact.
- Build elegant code that is documented and tested.
- Implement your code and interfaces into real-world pilots, and demo's with our partner clients.
- You will be comfortable with interfacing with control systems.
What you will be looking for
What you can bring
- You will be someone passionate about designing interfaces that are used in real-world scenarios.
- You will be looking for a role where you have the ability to bring your flair and talent in building these interfaces to a highly innovative solution working with an experienced and dedicated team.
- You will be looking for opportunities to work internationally.
- We can offer you opportunities to develop your career, helping to build innovative and impactful applications while developing your leadership style.
You will love UI, building them in Microsoft technologies, and making them work for users. You will have an appreciation of good design, not be afraid to learn new skills and be interested in working with a passionate team that delivers products that keep the world safe.
We would love you to have good experience in c#, asp.net especially using Razor, Blazor and other Gui tools.
Experience in working on menu and applications for devices especially medical, airline or control systems would be a huge plus for us.Why Work here
- A chance to join the team at an early stage,
- Work with experienced founders.
- Rapid growth in expanding industries.
- Innovative products
- Backing from UK gov and US Governments
- Able to make a real impact on design and product.
- Flexible working and diverse culture
This role is a significant appointment for HALO and will be remunerated accordingly. We need dedicated individuals that have the drive and commitment to work with us as we grow the business significantly over the next few years.
Salary negotiable, dependent on qualifications and experience.About us
HALO X-ray Technologies was formed in April 2012 and is an innovation company developing new and disruptive materials identification systems for aviation security, medical systems and process control applications. The HXT patent portfolio, currently licensed from our academic partners, protects our core IP. Industry-standard lab- and time-bound X-ray analysis techniques are now possible as real-time solutions for multiple industries by implementing new X-ray optics to dramatically improve signal strength. This significantly translates underlying and well-established science into a solution that can solve industrial and commercial applications at speeds required for these markets. As an example, aviation security has historically used technology that typically only estimates if a material is a threat. This leads to false alarms, long delays through checkpoints and frustrated passengers.
HXT technology has the capability to definitively identify material and for the first time at speeds that will enhance rather than slow checkpoint systems and at a cost point that is well-aligned with our target markets. HXT platform technology can provide medical systems for point-of-care solutions to address an ageing population and process control systems providing definitive and rapid materials analysis to improve efficiency for in-line industrial manufacturing.
HXT IP provides platform capability across numerous sectors, realising disruptive and compelling solutions and offering significant business opportunity in all areas of application.
The current focus is on aviation and border security and there are a number of opportunities specifically for this sector, such as:
Why Work Here
- Drugs and currency detection for postal systems.
- Personal electronic devices screening (PEDS).
- Checkpoint screening system for explosives detection.
We are a mix of science and tech people, passionate about how we can improve security using innovative tech, we are fairly laid back about things like work hours, location but we like working together when we can. Our business is just starting to take off and we are looking for people who have the potential to take on larger roles in their careers as we grow.
We work with some of the biggest firms all over the world so diversity and communication are key values for us.