Data Engineer - Cloud, Big data
An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join one of UK's best known companies offering flexible working, competitive salaries and very generous financial and lifestyle benefits. This role offers the Senior Data Engineer the opportunity to be involved with massive data sets, generating data insight used by global high profile businesses.Role Scope
Working within an Agile technology team, the role of Senior Data Engineer is to provide expertise and leadership in developing new techniques, tools and pipelines across data engineering to simplify and improve project output. You will transform and manipulate data into forms suitable for visualisation, analysis and further development, providing insight to drive data-driven decisions.
You will be working with big data sets (Hadoop) and machine learning technologies to automate processes, so experience with Big data and relevant tools is highly desirable.Skills & Experience;
- A degree level qualification in a quantitative discipline or significant experience in a relevant field, such as statistical modelling or mathematics
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (or similar)
- Working with Databricks and/or Spark
- OOP or scripting experience (Python, Java, etc)
- Excellent communication skills - able to influence key business stakeholders
- Strong Agile understanding
- Big data processing and machine learning technologies - Hadoop, Elasticsearch, TensorFlow etc
A competitive salary and a comprehensive range of benefits including a generous pension, bonus, flexible working hours, 36 days annual leave, onsite gym, shops and well-being services.
- Salary £55,000 - £65,000 + bonus
- Excellent benefits and generous pension contribution
- Flexible working and remote working
For a confidential discussion regarding this role please contact Paul Grace at Spectrum IT Recruitment. Alternatively hit apply and send us your CV.