Become a Software Development Technician apprentice and kickstart your digital career today!
NowSkills partners with ambitious employers to build the best digital apprenticeships in the North-West. We'll support you on your learning journey, from start to finish.
You will be working for the ICT department of an organisation based in Preston. We are looking for someone who holds a genuine passion for writing code for discrete software components by following a logical approach to agreed standards. You will also follow organisational and industry good coding practices.
Your responsibilities as a Software Development Technician will include:
Interested? The qualifications/skills you should have:
- Applying appropriate secure development principles to specific software components at all stages of development.
- Making connections between code and defined data sources as specified.
- Testing that the deliverables for software components have been met.
- Following analysis models such as use cases and process models.
- Solving logical problems, seeking assistance when required (including appropriate mathematical application).
- Responding to the business environment and business issues related to software development. Understanding the business context and market environment for software development.
- Clearly articulating the role and function of software components to a variety of stakeholders (including end users, supervisors, etc.).
Typical work hours:
- Level 2 in English and Maths
- Previous work experience
- Able to record, analyse and present data, records and information accurately and to a high standard
- Ability to demonstrate practical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work on own initiative completing tasks, manage & prioritise own time in order to successfully meet deadlines
- Well-developed written skills and ability to write technical specifications
- Confident, well developed verbal communication skills and the ability to elicit user requirements in detail
- Must be able to attend training workshops, and undertake independent learning, guided distance learning, tutor sessions in the workplace and classroom tutorials where required
36.25hpwWhat kind of training will you receive?
Training will take place in our classroom locations, online and face to face with our mentors. Your employer's line manager will also support you and teach you new skills.
As a NowSkills apprentice, you will be assigned a well experienced tutor, who will assign you tasks and will support you to achieve the best possible grade.
This an opportunity for passionate techies to join an already strong and supportive team and learn about emerging technologies within the web development industry, as well as learn new skills.
If you share our enthusiasm for software development, then this is the role for you! Apply today!