Security Engineer - Qualys - Threat & Vulnerability Management
One of the Country's leading Financial Services organisations is currently looking for a strong Vulnerability & Threat Management Security Engineer with high level exposure to Qualys integration to join their Cyber Security team on a contract basis inside IR35.
This role will focus exclusively on Qualys integration across a range of business areas working closely with internal teams to support the implementation of Vulnerability and Threat Management capability within their systems.
- Representing the Technology Security team and assist other engineering teams in adhering to secure design principles.
- Helping teams deliver secure solutions using my team and security skills and also displaying a flexible agile approach by embracing emerging technologies, all working together in a robust technical ecosystem.
- Working closely and collaboratively with engineering and product teams
- Being a problem solver using past engineering experience to create and deliver innovative solutions
- Providing hands on direction during the design and development of applications utilising a threat-based approach to support the business strategy.
- Collaborating closely with colleagues within the wider global Technology Security organisation and technology departments as well as the business to establish effective, productive relationships
- Executing threat modelling activities during agile iterations.
- Getting involved in and potentially leading incidents which occur on our systems with regards to technology security.
- Providing targeted application security requirements based on design, threats, industry best practices, and organisation specific policy.
- Influencing delivery teams in the prioritization of security activities and issue remediation.
- Driving adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
- Keeping technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team
- Sharing knowledge with the wider engineering community.
- Championing continuous improvement within the department
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert in the use of the relevant security tool
- Assisting define processes to support and use the relevant security tool
- Helping support the security tool while in the project phase and knowledge transfer to Operations
- This is a Qualys focused role, you must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of Qualys integrations within challenging environments.
Strong communication skills and stakeholder management are a must alongside demonstrable technical expertise. You will be expected to act as an evangelist with a significant interest in taking ownership of the project areas you are responsible for.