The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK. We work with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement.
We have a fantastic office located in the heart of Brighton that is a short distance from the train station, shops and the sea.
We put our 700+ employees first by supporting flexible working and offering a diverse, lively and inclusive environment. This includes LGBT+ Network (PROUD), Women's Network, BAME Network (ME), and a Disability Network, which offer supportive spaces to connect.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work. We do all we can to support our people reach their full potential with training, secondment and development opportunities.
The Cloud Technical Engineer provides hands-on technical support for assessing, architecting and supporting the IAAS platform in an MS Azure tenant along with other hosted infrastructure platforms.
The primary focus of the role is to operate as an Azure Cloud Engineer by taking ownership of all Cloud specific support activities and providing technical knowledge to projects and development and management teams. The successful candidates will be a determined and self-motivated individual who can work under pressure amongst other technically minded colleagues. Acting as the SME for the implementation and deployment for cloud technologies.
- develop and produce MS Azure based architectural documentation, including providing best practice design recommendations for migration of applications from on-premise to the Azure Cloud.
- design a highly available and scalable cloud infrastructure tuned to project and business requirements. Designs should focus on secure configuration, utilising single sign on and multi-factor authentication with adherence to the NCSC and ISO27001 standards.
- install, configure, automate, and monitor various cloud services, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform (IaaS, PaaS).
- set up & troubleshoot Azure builds, including but not limited to ARM, ASR, SQL, Containers & Azure AD.
- configure application-aware infrastructure to automatically handle application requirements, security, and disaster-preparedness functions such as back-ups and data recovery.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Microsoft Azure Certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent)
- Experience with infrastructure as code, primarily Terraform and ARM Templates
- Demonstrable experience designing and supporting Azure environments, including IaaS and PaaS
- Supporting Azure platform components and associated troubleshooting
- Demonstrable experience deploying enterprise workloads to Azure
- Knowledge of at least one other cloud hosting solution in addition to Azure (e.g. Google, AWS, Helion Cloud, SoftLayer).
- Proficiency with PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience designing and supporting enterprise core services as well as cloud deployments of these services
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise software products and services
- Extensive experience with Azure licensing, subscription and cost models
- Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning
- Experience with Agile & Waterfall.
- Ability to work autonomously, to tight deadlines on a number of projects in parallel.
- Proactive and flexible
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Negotiating skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary between £46,093 and £61,187 we offer
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter, quoting ref 80389
with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria and details of your notice period.
We are an inclusive employer and offer equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual's age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please be aware we are currently holding interviews through Skype due to COVID-19.
If you have any queries about this role, or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com