Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Officer to join their team. You will be joining us working full time on a permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £23,257-£24,837 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
About the role:
As the Marketing and Communications Officer you will be an integral part of our small, but perfectly formed Marketing team. You will have responsibility for the planning and delivery of our online and offline marketing materials and play a vital role in collaborating with, and working alongside our support and academic colleagues (up to Director Level) and be able to influence them to deliver a required outcome.
Your responsibilities as our Marketing Communications Officer will include:
- Create and deliver our college-wide printed materials (e.g. prospectuses, brochures, leaflets)
- Provide a consultancy service for academic and support colleagues for ad hoc online and offline items including, where required, reviewing and improving copy produced by other departments to ensure they are produced to an error free, high standard
- Responsible for developing, writing and delivering the department's online marketing copy in line with the college-wide online marketing strategy
- Support day-to-day campaign activities undertaken by the Campaign and Events Officer
- Analyse and report on activities including audience information and demographics, communication projects, social media and press release coverage
- Account manage the college's external print agency and other print businesses, and work with the apprentice to ensure our print and stock levels are effectively managed
- As part of the marketing team, being jointly responsible for ensuring that all marketing communications are produced in line with the college brand guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring communications projects are delivered on time and within agreed budget parameters
As our Marketing Communications Officer, you'llideally have:
- 3 years' experience of working in a marketing or communications role
- Experience of writing creative copy
- Experience of managing projects
- Degree level education or similar
- GCSE/'O' level qualifications in English and Maths
- Willingness to travel to all sites
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College, you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Marketing Communications Officer rolethen please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: 7th March 2021
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.