Recruitment | Training | Business Advice & ConsultancyVacancy profile Job Title:
Contracts Manager Location:
£40,000 - £60,000 Type:
Full time 12 months FTC (with the potential to become permanent)
Our client is looking for an experienced professional Contracts Manager with extensive knowledge of Commercial & Contract management processes, to provide maternity cover for up to 12 months. Experience in contracting with a broad range of aerospace customers and from a global footprint is essential. The Role
- To be responsible for the drafting and management of contract terms and conditions for both customers and suppliers.
- To assist the Business Development Department in new work package bids and renewals and oversee the commercial response to customer requested contract terms and conditions
- To follow up and assist department staff in any subsequent negotiations.
- To draft and mark up contracts in line with the company's commercial policy and standards and communicate proposed changes effectively both internally and supporting in external negotiation
- To liaise with other departments and sites to ensure the timely completion and review of relevant contractual annexes and other documents.
- Assist and where required, to lead contract negotiations with our customers and suppliers
- Assist and where required, lead timely resolution of contractual claims from customers and suppliers.
- Create internal contract summary and information documents and secure company approvals, up to Board level, as required
- Support the Business Development Executives, operating sites and other departments in the execution of contracts.
- Carry out contract review process and meetings
- Outline the flow down of key terms to the Strategic Sourcing department for inclusion in Supplier contracts/conditions
- Assist in any dispute resolution.
- To assist in ensuring that the businesses standard terms and conditions of sale and purchase are maintained and reflect both industry and regulatory changes and, in the case of purchase terms and conditions, to ensure that the terms are inclusive and kept up to date with major customer flow down requirements.
- To ensure compliance with internal standards
- Regular and sometimes spot audits at the business units to ensure compliance with internal standards
- Must be able to demonstrate a good track record of contracts work in the Aerospace industry.
- Must have a proven background in contract drafting and negotiation
- Will possess drive and energy, be confident and have a pro-active nature.
- Will possess the strong IT skills that will be required for this role, in particular MS Office.
- Will have strong numerical attributes and be commercially astute.
- Will be able analyse data and report accordingly.
- Must be flexible and have the willingness to travel from time to time, sometimes overseas, and at short notice.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain professional relationships internally and externally
- The successful candidate will have good written and verbal communication skills which can be adapted to suit a varying level of contact
- Must show attention to detail and be accurate
- The ability to summarise issues effectively and clearly and to propose resolutions is critical.
- Fluency in French, German, or Mandarin would be an advantage but not a necessity.