Great practice to industry move! Ideal role for a Financial Accountant looking to expand their experience!
Based in North Leeds, our client is embarking on an exciting period of growth via acquisition following a recent management buyout. As a result, they now require a Finance Manager who will report into the FD and work alongside the Financial Controller to support the changing needs of the group. This will be an evolving role as the needs of the Group change involving new projects and structure changes.
The role will involve the following:
- Working with the Finance Director and finance team to develop the monthly reporting finance pack to meet the demands of the Board and PE investor
- Looking at automating and streamline financial reporting processes where possible
- The group has a new requirement to be audited and to prepare consolidated statutory accounts and the finance manager will have a key role within the team to help meet that new requirement
- The Finance Manager will support the Finance Director in the preparation of the annual budget, working with business leaders to assist them in the budget process
- The Finance Manager will be involved in the usual monthly processes of maintaining, closing and reconciling the financial systems and the reporting the financial performance of the group which may include preparing commentary for the executive team and Board on the financial performance against budgets and prior years.
Key Skills Required:
- A qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Looking for a first move from practice or to move from a financial reporting role
- Consolidated statutory accounts preparation and statutory financial reporting
- Previous experience in management accounts (forecasting/variance analysis/performance reporting etc)
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with complex information and present in a clear format
- Motivated with the confidence to challenge where numbers don't look right
- Experience with Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Word, Power Point
Our client can offer an exciting career with opportunities for progression and ongoing training support. They offer a generous salary, flexible working arrangements (remote/office based), 25 days annual leave and a 35 hour working week.