MyTutor is the UK's leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we're on a mission to give every teen the chance to reach their potential. We're building a future where access to high quality learning is stress-free for those who can afford it, and funded for those who can't.
One-to-one tuition is one of the most powerful ways to improve pupils' grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. Our handpicked community of tutors work online with students from all walks of life, and our tutors have given half a million lessons so far - raising results on average by one whole grade. We're proud of the fact that over 550 schools have also chosen to work with us. And that we've earned a Trustpilot rating of 4.8/5.
We understand the hectic lives of families with teenagers, and our flexible lesson times mean parents can juggle schedules more easily. It's simple to find a tutor each child gets on with - and every lesson is tailored to their needs. With all the disruption to school education that covid-19 has brought, online tuition gives families and schools a safe and reliable way to keep their kids' education on track - no matter where they live or what they need help with.The role in a nutshell
Here at MyTutor we are experiencing a rapid period of growth and as a result, our Finance team is expanding! Our new Finance team currently exists as a team of four individuals and you'll be playing an instrumental role in ensuring our day-to-day operations are carried effectively.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, You'll work closely with our Operations team to manage our invoicing flow from creation to payment from our customers, as well as our relationships with suppliers and payments to our 10,000-strong (and growing!) tutor community.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is able to learn quickly and meet strict deadlines. You'll also enjoy finding more effective ways of solving problems whilst using your communication skills to ensure our relationships with customers and suppliers remain strong.What You Can Expect
RequirementsThe type of person we would love to meet
- Partner with our B2B sales and operations colleagues and own our invoice processes from creation through to payment collection.
- Process regular payments to our tutors and suppliers.
- Lead our bank reconciliation process, ensuring what's in the bank aligns with our accounting system (Xero).
- Assist Management Accountants in financial management and reporting activities.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Solve queries from our Operations and Tutor teams, as well as customers and suppliers over the phone and through personal-touch emails.
- Be a data champion in Finance, ensuring consistency across systems and empowering the whole team to utilise data to drive decisions every single day
- You are a fast learner with a strong work ethic, who is curious about our customers and excited to solve problems and automate processes.
- You have experience using Excel/Google Sheets.
- You have an interest in Finance and the wider support we offer to key business areas on a daily basis.
- You are someone who is comfortable working with numbers and able to work with speed and accuracy when faced with tight deadlines.
- You are someone who takes a pragmatic approach to problem solving and can communicate confidently and effectively with internal and external customers.
- You think about the bigger picture and opportunity areas to add value.
- Bookkeeping or Operations experience is a plus, but ultimately we're looking for a bright and proactive person who has a strong willingness to learn and wants to contribute to what we're building.
- Investment in your learning with a personal L&D budget of up to £350
- Your own laptop and hardware (we can help you set up a home office if WFH)
- Workplace pension
- Share option package
- Private Healthcare option through BUPA
- Enhanced parent policies
- Cycle, tech and gym schemes
- Regular team events & socials (we've just had a remote Sofar Sounds gig and wine tasting!)
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- A culture that champions wellbeing with monthly workshops and 1 1 coaching
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and we have set up our own EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.