Can you help support us in making a difference in people’s lives? New Outlook Housing Association specialise in supporting people with visual impairment and complex needs in a range of services including Care Homes and Supported Living.
As a member of the Board, you will play a vital role in steering and supporting New Outlook. The Board is responsible for providing strategic direction; ensuring we meet regulatory requirements; and overseeing the work of the staff team, thus ensuring New Outlook’s effective, efficient administration and financial stability.
You will be part of a Board team that will help to ensure:
Promoting and Protecting NEW OUTLOOK
- To act as custodian of NEW OUTLOOK’s values
- To ensure that the customers’ voice is heard in the decision-making process
- To monitor compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- To support and uphold the Code of Governance and the NHF Model Rules (2015)
- To be an ambassador for NEW OUTLOOK as appropriate
- To consider and, if appropriate, agree a vision for NEW OUTLOOK and a strategy to work towards that vision
- To assist the Executive Team in the setting of plans and strategies
- To support the work and the role of the Chair of the Board and the chairs of other Committees
- To support the work of the Chief Executive and all colleagues; constructively challenging proposals as appropriate
- To agree key policies
- To take an individual and collective responsibility in monitoring performance against plans, budgets and decisions through regular critical appraisal of operational and financial information
- To ensure appropriate action is taken if expected standards of performance or results are not or are unlikely to be achieved
- To request further information or professional advice when required
This is an exciting time to join as and we are now seeking a new Board Chair to replace the current Chair whose term of office will shortly be ending. The successful volunteer will need to demonstrate a commitment to a high level of engagement and possess the right skills, experience and personal style that seeks to ensure that everyone’s views are heard and discussed, and clear decisions are reached, accepted, and are carried out in line with Board decisions. You must be able to understand our business, its culture, people and help to provide strategic leadership and direction in order to inform the current and future needs of the organisation so that the Board fulfils its responsibilities for the overall governance of the organisation. The Board Chair serves for three terms and is eligible for re-election.
There is no need to have trustee experience to apply as long as you are committed to our values. We wish to have a wide range of people on the Board and seek to be representative of the diverse population in the West Midlands.
What's in it for the volunteer?
At NEW OUTLOOK we are constantly striving to make a difference to people’s lives through the provision of aspirational services for people with sensory and other specialist needs. The role of Trustee is non-executive, providing a rewarding opportunity to use your expertise and experience to support and shape our future.
You will have the opportunity to join a well established, experienced, and enthusiastic team. We very much value all of our customers and you will have the opportunity to work with us, at all levels, as we seek to grow and develop the business.
- You will need to commit to a minimum of 30 hours per year.
- Board meetings are held four times a year in Halesowen with two being longer ‘away day’ sessions and you may also be asked to join a Committee or time limited task group.
How to apply
Please apply via the Reach Volunteering site.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview, which will take place at our Halesowen office. However, if it is not possible to hold interviews at our office, due to safety concerns, then interviews will take place via video calls instead.
Deadline: 12 Apr 2021.