The Corporate Property team within the Global Corporate & Specialty division of Aviva are seeking a Senior Underwriter to support the profitable growth of their portfolio. This is a new role created to broaden and strengthen our capability as we increase penetration of the Lead Multinational market.
The role is based in our London Market office situated in St. Helens, London with the flexibility of agile working via our 'Smart Working' initiative. There may also be the need to travel both domestically and internationally to meet with colleagues, brokers and customers.Duties & Responsibilities:
This role is to Underwrite large Corporate accounts presented in the London Market, primarily UK or Ireland Domicile. You will drive new business through strong market relationships by trading and providing a first-class service to our customers/brokers. You will act as an ambassador for Aviva promoting and growing business at industry and external professional level. You will need to build relationships internally and be confident and capable of dealing with all levels from the Executive to Underwriting Assistants. You will be a technical expert acting as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced members of the team to drive continued capability improvement in our business.Skills & Experience required
What will you get for this role?
- Experience in underwriting a broad range of industry segments, territories, and catastrophe perils.
- Good knowledge and experience of building a compliant Multinational proposition and delivery of contact certainty.
- The ability to work within a team of business partners (Customer Relationship, Risk Engineering, Claims, Network, Other lines, etc) to secure the best outcome for our Customer and Aviva.
- The diligence to continuously select opportunities within Aviva's risk appetite and strategy, and to write business within authority and guidelines.
- Experience of being responsible for your own underwriting caseload, managing assignments and working independently.
- Undertaken our training programme. This has been designed to help you make an immediate impact on our business; build your business knowledge; develop professional skills and grow effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Supported your manager in delivering team objectives, including the business plan, risk control, governance and projects.
- Experience of applying underwriting knowledge to effectively improve processes/procedures.
- ACII or similar qualification.
Working at Aviva
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 07393469953 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.