FIG People are currently working with a fast-growing consumer lender looking to expand their compliance team due to a recent promotion within the department as a result of continued strong growth across the business even despite the impact of the pandemic. What you'll be doing?
- Provide accurate advice and guidance regarding compliance with regulatory requirements. Provide constructive challenge to help ensure that regulatory obligations, and risk is taken account of within the operations and projects.
- Sign-off regulatory training.
- Review and approve financial promotions and all marketing literature.
- Review and advise on business change requests.
- Attend internal Committees on behalf of Compliance as and when required.
- Identify and analyse emerging Compliance risks and trends. Provide feedback and recommendations to other Compliance and Business colleagues on how to mitigate these risks.
- Produce Regulatory Gap Analysis's and reports when required.
- Represent Risk & Compliance within business-driven Group projects.
- Participate in or lead internal business/governance meetings and represent the Group externally as required.
- Ensure that any reports required for those meetings are provided in a timely manner and are focused and relevant to the meeting topic.
- Provide constructive challenge within meetings regarding relevant regulatory requirements.
- Apply knowledge and experience of risk management practices within Financial Services to take a lead role in enhancing and embedding risk management.
- Support the business in the operation, analysis, and resolution of risk events/incident management.
- Co-ordinate the production and delivery of compliance and risk management information and relevant analysis for key stakeholders and committees.
- Ensure Group Policies and Policy Manuals go through the required governance committees.
- Ensure FLA returns are submitted on behalf of the business in a timely manner.
- Work with the senior management team to develop and test robust departmental and organisational Business Continuity Plans (BCP).
- Design and deliver appropriate risk/ BCP management training and workshops.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of working in Risk & Compliance role for an FCA regulated business, or experience of consumer credit in a regulator or professional services role.
- Experience and knowledge of FCA Regulation & Data Protection Legislation. Specific knowledge of CONC, MCOB, TC, DISP and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Experience of Business Continuity Plan management practices within UK financial services in either an industry, regulator or professional services role.