Costa Coffee - Finance Business Partner (FTC 9m)
The Finance Business Partner will provide key support to the Commercial Food team in delivering profitable business growth, aligned to strategy through timely and insightful analysis, robust decision-support and financial governance & control.A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we're on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don't settle for mediocre. We've come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager you'll be responsible for providing regular analysis that identifies key issues and drives action. To achieve this, you'll deliver accurate, timely and focused insight on food category performance, communicating current trends, challenges and opportunities to stakeholders. Food is a key pillar of the overall Costa business strategy and the key purpose of this role is as follows:
- Be a strong business partner to the Food Category teams, supporting & influencing decision making
- Have a detailed understanding and provide clear communication of Food trading performance and Stock management
- Implement, support and maintain a strong Governance framework for the Commercial team
- Engage with non-finance and finance colleagues across multiple functions and building / harnessing strong relationships and ways of working
- Work with partners to enhance commercial planning, giving clear direction and support
- Drives commercial learning and development i.e. Post completion reviews and Business Case development
Please note, this position is a 9-month fixed term contract. A bit about you...
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
What we can offer...
- High-calibre newly qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) with at least 1 years PQE
- Commercial finance business partnering experience in a retail/hospitality industry and used to working in fast paced / customer facing organisations
- Excellent excel skills, including reporting and modelling techniques
- Experience of budgets and forecasting, plus general analysis experience
- The ability to translate the data into something actionable and drives a decision
- Good Communicator and influencer with the ability to convey complex ideas, simply, to non-finance colleagues
We're on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location / Travel: Dunstable, Bedfordshire with no travel.
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.