We are currently recruiting for Qualified Nursery Nurse for an outstanding nursery in the East London area.
You will be working with a very caring and passionate team of Nursery staff that encourage and support one another, and really pride themselves on being a friendly and welcoming place of work.
This is a full-time role and you will work between 7:30 am and 6:30 pmQualifications & skills required.
Either an NVQ Level 1, 2 or 3 or Equivalent in Childcare and Education or have at least one years' experience working as a Nursery Nurse within an Early Years setting.
Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum
A strong understanding of child development
A passion for working with the under-fives
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
The ability to use your own initiative
An understanding of all nursery dutiesYour role would include:
- Helping to oversee, maintain and organise a clean, tidy, child-friendly environment
- Supervise activities, such as messy play, crafts, cooking, reading, and outdoor/physical pursuits
- Organise other staff to do activities with children
- Safeguard children at all times
- Cater for children with additional needs in an appropriate manner
- Encourage independent learning on a daily basis
- Feeding suitable meals, snacks and drinks
- Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training
- Teaching general life skills, such as basic hygiene and manners
- Working with any health and social care professionals, where necessary, and undertaking any relevant admin/paperwork
- Ensure regular communication and interaction with parents to update them on their child's progress.
- Take responsibility for a planned programme of activities for the children, following relevant curriculum guidelines.
- Assist children in gaining independence with in the class playground environment.
- To undertake, with other team members, the general care and maintenance of materials and equipment within a team
- To undertake duties as directed by teaching staff or head of rooms.
- Supporting workers in community settings;
- Making and maintaining learning materials and resources.
- Child observations and record keeping.
Apply now to avoid disappointment.