Retail is an exciting, dynamic and diverse industry. It is a driving force in our economy, and the UK's largest private sector employer. Retailers touch the lives of millions of people every day, supporting vibrant communities where they operate.
The industry is going through a turbulent period. The pandemic has changed the retail landscape - forcing tens of thousands of shops to close and reopen during the past 12 months. This comes in the midst of a longer term change, as technology transforms how people shop.
Working for the UK's leading trade association for the retail industry, as a Communications Executive, you will raise the BRC's profile, credibility and influence with key internal, member and external stakeholders, by leading on the development, execution and monitoring of an effective social media strategy.
If you have a passion for retail, politics and current affairs we would love to hear form you.To be successful in this role you will need;
- to be a superb communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, alongside a strong feel for original storytelling and developing compelling and creative narratives
- to be a strong, creative writer with an excellent grasp of English style and grammar with an ability to tailor communications for different audiences
- to be a competent user of social media platforms
- to have experience of working in media, press PR of digital content
- to demonstrate experience of operating in a multichannel communications environment
- be an organised, efficient co-ordinator of multiple activities and tasks with the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- to be a trusted and pro-active team player, supporting team colleagues in driving a culture of constant improvement
This role will initially be 100% remote, until the new office opens (mid-2021) and it can be used safely in light of the coronavirus pandemic. Once office working returns, there will remain the flexibility to work from home with regular travel to the office. To be considered for this role your must submit your CV and a covering letter, demonstrating why you want the role and why you think you would be suitable candidate, to Charlotte Hughes via email@example.com. Please do not use the 'Apply Now' link.Deadline for applications: Friday 5th March 2021
Please note that this role may close earlier than the stated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received. If you wish to apply for this position, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have not received any feedback within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. May we thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your ongoing job search.