Role: Learning Support Advisor
Location: West Yorkshire
Type: Temporary - Full Time and Part Time
Rate: £10 - £11.50 per hour
Eden Brown are currently looking to recruit a number of Learning Support Advisors on behalf of a leading Further Education College in West Yorkshire. They are looking for people on a full time or part time basis.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
* To facilitate and supervise small study groups to maximise engagement with online learning.
* To work with students 1:1 and in small groups to improve attitudes towards maths and English.
* Work collaboratively with maths and English departments to appropriately signpost to college approved resources.
* Support the college's strategy to return to face to face learning.
* Support students to access online remote lessons on college sites.
* Lead on targeted support sessions (1:1 and small groups) with students to address barriers to success.
Requirements for the role include:
* Minimum of Level 2 qualification in literacy & Numeracy (e.g. GCSE English and Maths at grade A*-C).
* IT experience, including skills in Microsoft Office and web applications
* Educated to Level 3 e.g. BTEC, NVQ, A-Level equivalent.
* Experience of facilitating small group work with young people.
* A practical knowledge of Further Education clients and the sector as a whole, including the range of problems likely to affect this cohort.
* Experience of working with young people in an educational or youth work capacity, this could include volunteering.
You must have a current DBS or one on the update service
If the role is of interest please apply now to avoid disappointment.
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer