Role: Mental Health Advisor
Location: West Yorkshire
Type: Temp - Full Time and Part Time
Rate: £13 - £15 per hour
Eden Brown are seeking a number of Mental Health Advisors for a Further Education College in West Yorkshire on both a full time or part time basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide individual support to students experiencing a deterioration in their mental health or who have reached crisis. To support students experiencing difficulties by promoting maintenance of positive mental health, personal resilience development techniques and providing a crisis response when needed.
You will introduce initiatives to develop and implement short term focused interventions to support students experiencing a range of concerns such as stress, isolation, depression, difficulties with sleep, negative thoughts, poor motivation, perfectionism and maintaining personal safety.
Responsibilities to include:
* To facilitate and deliver mental health support to students, 1:1, including those in crisis, promoting resilience and maintenance of positive mental health.
* To support students to identify their needs, encouraging and empowering students to develop positive/effective self-management skills.
* Design and deliver in-house training to assist cross college teams to understand mental health, referral pathways and the impact on learning.
* Raise awareness of and signpost to the support available (internally and externally) to maximise engagement with all aspects of college life.
* Support student led initiatives to raise awareness of and reduce stigma around mental ill health.
Requirements for the role are:
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
* Professional qualification in mental health or experience of working in a mental health role.
* Knowledge of Further Education clients and the sector as a whole, including the range of problems likely to affect this cohort.
* Experience of working with young people in an educational or youth work capacity, this could include volunteering.
* Understanding and experience of working with young people with mental health conditions
* Experience of managing own caseload
You must also have a current DBS or one on the update service
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer