Have you got experience in a sales/account management role within the recruitment or welfare-to-work sector?Would you like to work in a customer facing role and make a positive impact on people and their communities?
Consider the role of Sector Account Manager
at Reed in Partnership
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.Please note: We are currently bidding on a number of contracts, the outcomes of which are due to be announced by the 16th April 2021. Final stage interviews will take place from the 19th April 2021 onward. This role is an expression of interest for potential future opportunities within Reed in Partnership. What the job is about
As a Sector Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing strategic partnerships with key sector bodies focussing on local growth sectors for the contract or region in which you work. Leading on our employer engagement strategy, you will manage large, regional employers to secure bulk vacancies and work with sector bodies, our Curriculum Team and employers to develop Sector Routeways to meet employer/sector needs and co-ordinate their delivery. You will proactively promote our services building, developing, and maintaining excellent local relationships to ensure they can understand and influence local employment/work initiatives and can integrate our offer with existing services.
The Sector Account Manager will, in addition to these duties, be expected to manage their own large employer accounts and will have personal targets to achieve linked these accounts.Your main responsibilities would include:
What's in it for you?
- Responsibility for the creation, implementation, and continuous development of an employer engagement strategy for their area of responsibility.
- Identifying employment growth opportunities both short-term and longer-term, devising, running and attending appropriate events to promote our services and proactively supporting the development of new skills and/or work initiatives to ensure our participants can access such opportunities.
- Managing large employer accounts across both Reed and our supply chain acting as their single point of contact.
- Tracking and managing the effectiveness of employer engagement activity across the region.
Alongside a generous base salary, you will have access to our wider career development framework and payment progression plans. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.Required Skills & Experience
Disability Confident Commitment
- Experience of working in sales focussed roles within a business-to-business sales environment, recruitment, welfare-to-work or similar sector.
- Experience of the administration or delivery of recruitment or assessment processes.
- A personal track record of working towards and achieving targets (minimum 2 years' experience).
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-function service delivery team.
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.