Our client is a leading regulatory consultancy for wholesale finance sector working with a broad range of clients that include hedge funds, fund of funds, long-only managers, private equity, venture capital, institutional brokerage, capital introduction and investment advisers.
Reporting to the Director of Regulatory Consulting, you will undertake an extremely varied and rewarding role becoming central to our client advisory team and managing a portfolio of clients. You are likely to have experience of working at the FCA, for a compliance consultancy or as an in-house Compliance Officer.
You will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients and assisting / advising them in all FCA regulatory matters pertaining to their business. Specifically, this could include, but is not limited to;
- Undertaking compliance reviews, assessments and presenting recommendations to Compliance Officers, compliance staff and senior management;
- Providing commercially sound regulatory solutions and advice to the senior management of a wide range of entrepreneurial regulated clients;
- Managing or participating in regulatory projects, such as annual compliance audits or mock examinations;
- Conducting research, writing articles, and/or making internal or client presentations on compliance specific issues.
- Assisting with the project management of FCA authorisation applications;
- Keeping up to date with current regulatory developments and informing clients as necessary.
- Subject to client demand there is also the opportunity to work with US colleagues on US regulatory matters / projects (SEC/ CFTC).
Skills and Requirements:
- The successful candidate is likely to be professionally educated and/or a compliance practitioner with relevant experience of wholesale financial services from working at the FCA, in a compliance consultancy or in an in-house compliance position;
- Sound working knowledge of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the Markets in Financial Instruments Directives, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, and related FCA rules and guidance
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.