Senior Accountant required. Our client is a leading company which specialise in the storage and distribution of fresh produce from worldwide exports, growers, and importers with an expertise in delivering to the UK wholesale markets.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will provide a professional service covering all aspects of transactional finance duties as well as preparing data for financial reports. It is expected you will have proven experience in a senior accountant position and live within a commutable distance of Dartford, Kent.Senior Accountant - Position Overview
Senior Accountant - Position Requirements
- Ensure weekly and period reporting is on time and accurate.
- Management of small Accounts team
- Creation of management accounts with full variance analysis for review by Financial Controller
- Working alongside non-financial managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the budgets/forecasts.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the production of weekly forecasts
- Collation of weekly KPIs for Warehouse/Transport Operations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- To ensure submissions of online filing for FPS/EPS, tax returns and pension submissions are submitted on time to avoid late penalty fees.
- Payroll processing
- Ad hoc reporting as required.
Senior Accountant - Position Remuneration
- Proven experience in a management accountant role
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) or qualified through experience.
- Experienced and comfortable managing a small team.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills and a good telephone manner
- Good numeracy skills required along with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to operate computerised systems including Pegasus Opera.
- An enthusiastic and organised approach to work is required.
- Customer focused with drive to achieve.
- Ability to build relationships with other departments.
- Thorough and robust ledger knowledge
- Ability to work alone and to be a good team player.
- Flexible approach is essential as there may be the need to cover other ad hoc Account duties as and when required.
- Own transport required owing to location.
- Salary £33,000 - £36,000 (Dependant on experience)
- Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00
- 33 days holiday, including bank.
- Pension scheme & Parking on site