About the Application Support Team Leader Role
The primary function of the role is to lead the day to day operations of the Service Desk ensuring that Service performance meets targets at all times. This will be achieved by managing, developing, inspiring and motivating the Service Desk Team to provide premium customer service and high-quality support services.
The individual will report into the Application Support & Delivery Manager, interfacing over analyst training and development, holiday cover planning for analysts and onsite teams and resolving/escalating resource issues impacting delivery of BAU services. Application Support Team Leader Key Responsibilities
- Line Management.
- Perform monthly 121s with selected team member and manage day to day staff issues
- Support the Application Support & Delivery Manager with any day to day staff issues, where required
- Complete quality assessments of the Service Desk Analysts with both ticket quality and phone quality
- Initiate, implement and monitor service improvements
- Provide monitoring/coaching to enable the personal development of the Service desk analysts
- Ensuring the rota for the team is kept up to date and appropriate for the demands of the Service.
- Reporting. You will ensure the creation and delivery of daily/weekly/monthly reports for the service.
- Service Management. Ensure that all requests for Service, be they telephony, email or face to face are responded to within agreed timescales and that sufficient analyst capacity is maintained at all times.
- Complaints Management. Ensure all formal complaints to the Service Desk are recorded, reviewed and resolved in line with the Formal complaints process.
- Escalation Management. You will be responsible for coordinating all internal and external escalations, ensuring they are appropriate, timely and fully documented
- Ensuring completion of Service Desk analyst training across all services, in order to:
Application Support Team Leader Key Experience
- Meet BAU targets
- Meet future needs of the business
- Ensure resolution and Quality rates are in line with client/business demands.
Key competencies for Application Support Team Leader
- At least 1 years' experience in a Service/Application Support Desk leadership role
- Demonstrative experience/understanding of working in an environment with a multi-disciplined technology architecture, whereby there are dependencies between technology stacks
- Technical knowledge or previous experience of supporting 1 or more of the following technologies (advantageous):
- Dynamics NAV (2018+)
- D365 CRM
- Magento e-commerce platform
- Umbraco CMS systems
- .NET / C# built web applications
- IBMi AS400 system
- Previous use of a Ticket Management system
- 2+ years' experience in Service/Application Support Desk remote support of corporate clients
- Good understanding of Incident/Request management and ticket handling
- Experience of working to SLA's and KPI measures
- Experience of using/contributing to a Knowledge base
- ITIL Foundation Certificate Accreditation
Energy, Drive & Initiative Punctuality
Communication Skills Creativity
Customer Service skills Impact/Self Confidence
Interpersonal sensitivity (empathy/diplomacy) Judgement
Commitment Organisation Skills
Technical skills Decision-making skills Acora Overview
We are a UK based, award winning, IT services and technology company with over 25 years' experience. We provide a range of IT support and Microsoft-centric, business software and cloud solutions to help mid-market organisations modernise their IT so they can compete and win in the digital economy. More than 300 clients trust us to take responsibility for part, or all, of their IT from solution design to support.
In general, you can visit Acora online without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information such as your name and e-mail address, to correspond with you and fulfil your request.
Acora is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016.