Age Concern Hampshire has an opportunity for a Day Care & Wellbeing Centre Manager to join our team based at Ringwood Day Care & Wellbeing Centre, Christchurch Road, Ringwood (and to support at Gore Grange Day Care & Wellbeing Centre, Jowitt Drive, New Milton). You will join us on a full time, fixed termbasisfor 3 months and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,233.10 per annum.
Hours: 37 hours per week. Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
The Day Care & Wellbeing Centre Manage role:
- To maintain the smooth and effective running of The Ringwood Wellbeing & Day Care Centre for mentally and/or physically frail older people and support the Gore Grange Wellbeing & Day Care Centre.
- To plan, deliver and monitor day services in accordance with the service contract and ACH philosophy and policies.
- The management of financial and physical resources allocated to the Centre.
- The management and development of staff resources allocated to the Centre.
Duties and responsibilities of our Day Care & Wellbeing Centre Manager:
- Plan, deliver and monitor wellbeing and day care services in accordance with service contracts.
- Plan, monitor and review care plans in accordance with Age Concern Hampshire policies and contractual specifications, including liaison with colleagues in other agencies, as required.
- Manage recruitment, deployment, training and support to staff and volunteers.
- Ensure clear and effective communication with clients, carers and all relevant agencies.
- Ensure that Charity Log is updated with all client interaction.
- To deal with referrals, and to carry out assessments of prospective Day Care Service Users.
- Ensure a full and enjoyable programme of wellbeing activities for the needs of the vulnerable older people.
- Ensure adequate personal care of Service Users at the Day Care Centre and whilst travelling to and from it.
Finance & Administration:
- Provide supervision and training to the Assistant Manager to cover aspects of the Manager's role.
- Manage spending in accordance with needs and within the allocated budget.
- To support the raising of spot purchase invoices in line with contract requirements.
- To maintain appropriate administrative and financial records for the Centre as required by Age Concern Hampshire.
- To ensure the highest standards of upkeep and maintenance of the Centre liaising with landlords or overall centre management where appropriate.
- To act as Safety Officer for the Centre and undertake & review risk assessments.
Qualifications and experience we are looking for in our Day Care & Wellbeing Centre Manager:
- Minimum qualification of NVQ3, or equivalent, in Care.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience of Quality Management.
- Experience of Budget Management.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of supporting those with the symptoms of dementia.
- Experience of working with older people in a day care setting.
- Experience of supervision and commitment to staff care and development.
- Awareness of Community Care legislation, its role in maintaining Service Users at home and the contribution of individual services to a care package.
Skills and qualities we are looking for in our Day Care & Wellbeing Centre Manager:
- Ability to plan, deliver and monitor high quality day care of older people.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with Service Users, Carers and professionals.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team of staff.
- Ability to organise work load effectively.
- IT literate with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to empathise with older people, with an interest in their welfare.
- Flexible approach to work to adapt to changing work demands and to support priorities of the charity.
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential to cover for staff or volunteer absences when necessary.
- To be able to commit to the Organisation's strategic objective and values, and be an ambassador for Age Concern Hampshire in all activities.
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunity legislation and policy.
- A current driving licence, with a vehicle insured for Business use and a willingness to travel around the county when required.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Day Care & Wellbeing Centre Manager, please click 'apply' today. We would love to hear from you!
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.