The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which continues to provide funding and donations to the charity under a multi-annual funding agreement. We are governed by a board of trustees, who are supported by a number of committees and leadership and management teams.
The EY Foundation helps young people, disadvantaged in the labour market, to fulfil their work potential. We are unique in our position as the link between employers and young people, having strong relationships with both.
Our work involves designing, developing and running our own services: Smart Futures, Our Future and Accelerate, as well as raising independent funds to support new initiatives and reach more young people across the UK. We work with organisations from across all sectors, including commercial, not-for-profit, education and government.
As an independent charity we have to diversify and raise our own income through traditional fundraising, grants and, increasingly, through the development of our work with corporate partners.
Within the Foundation we adopt flexible roles that reflect the dynamic nature of our charity and enable our people to learn, develop and grow their skills and open up career opportunities. This is part of our investment in you.
This role profile provides an outline of what will be involved in your role rather than an exhaustive list of duties. Both you and this role will naturally evolve.
In your role you will be expected to demonstrate or develop leadership competences based on the Foundation's four key values. They are:
- Growth mindset - increase our impact on more young people through dedication, innovation and hard work
- Empower people - everyone is given the opportunity to develop and to succeed
- Courage - use new learning and diversity of thought to challenge the status quo, embracing lessons learned even if a project misses its targets
- Collaboration - build relationships - internally and externally - to share ideas, embed an inclusive approach, and achieve bigger outcomes.
Whatever your specific responsibilities and specialisms, as a Co-Ordinator you will be customer and delivery-focused, structured and organised in your approach, highly engaged and interactive with colleagues and beneficiaries of our work. You will take personal ownership of your work and will be proactive in your own development. You will be collaborative with colleagues and supportive of each other in achieving our collective targets and objectives.
Programme planning and delivery
- Deliver exceptional programmes for young people across the country in line with EY Foundation business plan and strategic targets
- Identify potential schools and organisations to target for young people and to provide pastoral support required on programmes
- Help co-ordinate, plan and deliver Employability Workshops which are delivered at EY, schools and corporate partners including the engagement of schools and volunteers.
- All administrative tasks related to the delivery of our paid employability programmes (e.g. Smart Futures and Our Future)
- Recruiting and on boarding young people
- Recruiting and on boarding employers involved in the programme
- Recruiting, on-boarding and training volunteers at EY and other employers
- Support delivery of programme content and curriculum in line with ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) accreditation
- Coordinating programme logistics including room bookings and catering requirements
- Scheduling meetings and managing programme mailboxes
- Updating programme materials and communications
- Deliver work in line with EY Foundation policies and procedures
- Input into drafting regular progress reports for the Hub Leaders and Head of Young People's Services where necessary
- Corporate partnership programme planning and delivery
- Maintain positive relationships with key young people providers, local schools and colleges, employers, corporate partners and key EY stakeholders
- Ensure exceptional client service throughout the lifecycle of the programme
- Work closely with the programme leads and Hub Leaders across EY Foundation hubs to ensure consistently high standards across all operating locations in the UK
- Support day to day accounts with employers engaged on the programmes
- Track, monitor, report on and support EY Foundation delivered training for employers and volunteers
- Filter, respond or escalate enquiries from programme volunteers and employers
- Work closely with the Programme Leads to support the teams of volunteers with planning and delivery of the programmes on each site
- Coordinate with the Foundation communications team to ensure timely and consistent flow of information across internal and external communications (for example, during the programme recruitment stage)
- Maintain ongoing engagement of local alumni through regular communications and events
- Manage and coordinate further opportunities for local alumni
Monitoring and evaluation
- Collect and analyse data and feedback from the young people, volunteers and employers partaking in the programmes, identifying opportunities for improvement
Skills and attributes for success:
- Represent the EY Foundation at events (internal and external and includes evening/breakfast events)
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong working knowledge and experience in an administrative or operational role
- Developing compliance/quality processes
- Ability to foster positive relationships with a range of people
- Collaboration and flexibility in your team working, whilst also being able to work with minimum supervision
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Close attention to detail, accuracy and quality at all times
- Delivering excellent customer service, to internal or external customers or service users
- Working in a delivery-focused organisation
What we look for:
- Co-ordinating multiple activities or tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
What we offer
- Strong and evidenced commitment to diversity
- Strong commitment to improve the working lives and prospects of disadvantaged young people in the UK
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here
. We ask because it matters! If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.