Seetec work with partners across the justice, health, housing, business and the not-for-profit sector. We build evidence based solutions that empower individuals to overcome their barriers, placing our customers at the heart of their own rehabilitation journey to recovery and employment.
We are looking to recruit a Compulsive and Obsessive Behaviour Intervention (COBI) Officer. You will be responsible for a one to one specialist stalking intervention for individuals identified by our partner agencies including Sussex police. This is a treatment based Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) intervention aimed at reducing the risk of harm to others and supporting perpetrators to understand how to develop healthy, non-abusive behaviours.
This role involves managing and tracking cases and delivering the intervention to individuals subject to Stalking Protection Orders. You will work closely with partner agencies including substance misuse services and mental health services in order to provide a holistic response to service users with complex needs. You will work directly with service users, sessional workers, and a Treatment Manager to reduce and manage the risks presented by stalkers who are not subject to criminal convictions for stalking.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with our service user's, promoting positive change, the protection of victims and children and the development of healthy relationships through a targeted, multi-agency approach.
• Responsible for the assessment and induction of service users.
• Develop engagement plans and provide regular face to face and remote sessions
• Maintain accurate and timely records of all attendance, engagement and behavioural issues
• Maintain up to date risk information, contributing and liaising with external agencies
• Working closely with sessional workers and partnership staff to ensure productive, collaborative working relationships are maintained
• Ensure timely and accurate information is shared with survivor services where agreed
• Carry out associated admin and producing quantitative and qualitative data
• Contribute to any evaluation of the intervention
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must have the ability to deliver dialectical behavioural interventions, relate to service users with challenging behaviour and be experienced in forming constructive working relationships.
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of:
• Issues related to stalking, domestic abuse and child protection.
• Principles of case management and maintaining case management records
• Understanding of the principles of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
• Basic risk management principles
• The importance of multi-agency work
Location: Sussex, this role we be based across a number of Sussex offices
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full time, the role will require some evening and weekend work.
Benefits - 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts