Motorway, the UK's fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking a Senior SEO Marketing Manager to join our team based in London.
We help private car owners sell their car for the highest possible price through a UK-wide network of specialist car dealers. Our 100% online journey has redefined the experience of selling a car, and helped us grow to over 100 people and thousands of monthly sales, disrupting a market that's seen little change in decades. About the team
This role is based in our London-based marketing team where you will work on our on-site and off-site SEO strategy and help us improve our organic Google search rankings for car buying and selling keywords. It's an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, with a high degree of influence, and help us change an industry.The role will involve:
What we're looking for
- Setting the organic SEO strategy and driving its execution
- Owning SEO as a channel within the online marketing department with full responsibility for our organic search success across Google and Bing
- Working with brand copywriters and content specialists as well as a broader cross-functional team dedicated to development of our website
- Defining and owning the budget for SEO, including reporting back on performance of the channel and preparing business cases for additional investment where needed
- Defining and rolling out a roadmap and measurement framework for organic SEO performance
- Sharing regular reports with all relevant stakeholders, confidently calling out areas that need improvement and ensuring continuity in approach to all SEO-related activity across the company
- Leading in-depth SEO audits to understand performance gaps and opportunities to unlock growth. This will include areas such as site performance analysis, keyword research and page speed testing
- Informing content strategy based on the competitive car buying and selling landscape, to include SEO research, trends and insights
- Managing content writers and contributors as appropriate, ensuring the highest level of quality in all copywriting and site content, including working with company graphics, imagery, plus externally-produced auto imagery
- Evangelising organic SEO best practice across marketing, product, development, content and PR teams to achieve your objectives
What we offer
- A strong history of relevant organic SEO experience for high-traffic, scaling online businesses, ideally at one or more well known brands or companies
- A deep, ever-improving, ninja-level understanding of the latest SEO best practices, including a full understanding of Google's shift to using 'Core Web Vitals' in 2021
- An obsessive SEO fanatic, you'll love following SEO thought leaders and experts and will keep up to date with what's happening in forums and across relevant social media groups. You'll be a fast learner who loves improving your personal knowledge of the organic search space
- A strong understanding of Wordpress and relevant plug-ins, and the ability to optimise all content housed within it to achieve your SEO aims
- A data-driven, strategic mindset that will allow you to prioritise work based on your own reports and insights to bring Motorway a competitive advantage. You'll focus on the big picture, but will love 'getting your hands dirty' on the minor details.
- A structured, organised approach with top notch attention to detail
- A passion for digital marketing in general, demonstrated by personal projects, blog posts or contributions to online communities
- Experience of agile practices and working collaboratively with content, product and development teams to lead complex projects to completion
- Experience working with analytics platforms including Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and Tableau
- Experience working with 3rd party SEO software/ tools like SEMRush, AhRefs and SimilarWeb.
- A degree or college-level education, ideally in a related subject like digital marketing, computer science, technology, or another web-related subject
Equal Opportunities Statement:
- A competitive salary
- A generous learning budget with Learnerbly
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity leave
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week)
- The option to work remote for a full month each year
- Discounted Calm membership
- Regular social events
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup
- The chance to work own a whole department and build it from scratch, free from out-dated legacy thinking or clumsy processes
- The opportunity to meaningfully grow a business that has real impact and will change an industry
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.